The Duty of Technology Competence
1-Hour Legal Ethics Webinar
In modern legal practice, legal professionals regularly use MS Word to deliver legal services. This includes everything from drafting complex transactional and litigation documents to writing a simple letter. Since MS Word is a tool of the trade, legal professionals must develop the necessary skills to serve their clients efficiently and effectively.
In this 1-hour program, Ivy B. Grey uses the example of MS Word to explain:
- a lawyer's duty to competently use technology in practice
- how refusal to embrace technology can lead to overbilling clients
- how incompetent use of MS Word may reveal client confidences
- why legal professionals must work together to ensure everyone uses technology properly
Watch the video now!
Download the Handouts
Download Our eBooks for Legal Writers
- How to Write the Perfect Brief
- How to Write the Perfect Memorandum
- 8 Secrets to Writing Clearly & Concisely
- 3 Secrets to Writing Bright & Lively Sentences
Book Ivy B. Grey for an Ethics Program
Ivy B. Grey regularly speaks about ethics, technology, and legal service delivery for a modern legal practice. Before joining the WordRake team, she practiced bankruptcy law for ten years. Ivy was recently recognized as a 2020 Influential Woman in Legal Tech by the International Legal Technology Association.
Ivy is available for CLE programs, webinars, and podcasts. She will also work with you to design an ethics program for your firm.